TO ALL APPLICANTS
Applicants should note that only those who meet all entry requirements for diploma, and degree programmes shall be considered for admission. International Students having equivalent qualifications may apply for admission. Foreign Certificates must receive authentication and equivalencies from the Ghana National Accreditation Board. Foreign students must have their high school certificates/diplomas translated into English if they are not written in English.
The programme seeks to recruit students from diverse educational and social backgrounds who demonstrate both the ability and motivation to benefit from the programme. The programme welcomes applications from those with a wide variety of educational qualifications and will consider on merit applicants with no formal qualifications.
OPEN ENTRY ROUT OPTION (Earned Admission Pathway)
LSBC wants to help you begin or continue your progress toward an undergraduate degree by offering opportunity to study shorts courses
LSBC Open Entry Route Option (OERO) – This means you don’t need any prior qualifications or work experience to start a course – you only need to pass your certificate courses assignment with 80% in order to continue with your higher studies. You can still earn your way into this program through the (OERO) Earned Admission Pathway. You must demonstrate your ability to succeed at LSBC by completing online or blended learning sports short courses with 80% Pass-Mark.
Non-academic entry requirements (interview, portfolio, referencing) An Assessment Day will be used for applicants who demonstrate potential but do not meet the minimum offer requirements. The Assessment Day comprises a Literacy test, Numeracy test and an academic lead interview.
Start taking LSBC courses online now without qualification or transcripts. If you are interested in attending LSBC, we encourage you to start by submitting an application soon as possible (including all required materials). This enables a seamless transition into the university, should you choose to enrol at LSBC for a Diploma or Degree Programme.
The standard entry requirements for the programme are as follows:
UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants who wish to apply for any of our *undergraduate and postgraduate programmes will have to meet our national and international entry requirement.
For WASSCE / SSSCE / GBCE
You are required to possess Six (6) subjects comprising three (3) Core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects. The grading system for holders of SSSCE / WASSCE / GBCE are as followed:
|A1 | B2 | B3 | C4 | C5 | C6||A | B | C | D |||A | B | C | D ||
- An applicant with a Diploma in Basic Education, 3-year Post Secondary Teacher’s Cert ‘A’ holders are eligible to apply for our degree programmes.
- An applicant with Diploma certificates from recognized universities, assessed to be equivalent to HND with second class lower division may be considered for admission into level 100 or 200 in their area of specialization depending on the subjects passed and working experience in the sporting industry.
- The applicants must note that Diploma in Business Studies (CBR / DBS) qualification will also be considered, the applicant with sports participation experience or working experience in the sporting industry will be considered.
- GCE Advanced Level: Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject.
- HND holders from recognized institutions with at least Second Class, Lower Division, two-year post HND qualification working experience in the sporting industries may be considered for admission into level 200 depending on the choosing programme of study modules.
- Foreign Certificates must receive authentication and equivalencies from the Ghana National Accreditation Board. Foreign students must have their high school certificates/diplomas translated into English if they are not written in English.
- Registered General Nursing / State Registered Nursing Certificate/Diploma holders for BSc Nursing will also be considered.
- Mature Students: Undergraduate and postgraduate applicant must be at least 25 years old plus and must proof of age with a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date if in employment, must provide an introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment, and must pass the University’s Mature Entrance Examination comprising English Language, and Mathematics, assessment. This applies to only mature Students with over 5 years of relevant working experience in the sporting industry and will also be required to pass an entrance examination and an interview.
- Must be at least 25 years of 1st August of the year of application
- Must hold:
- Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ or Post-Secondary Certificate ‘A’
- SSSCE/WASSCE with passes in English and Mathematics or Certificate of professional training from a recognised institution
- Must pass the UEW Entrance Examination
- All international students whose English language is not their first speaking language must pass Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or complete our partner institution English language course with a passing grade.
- Admission to the Diploma programmes is available to any student who meets the academic requirements of the accreditation partner institution, and who expresses passion in sports, willingness to learn.
- Must possess a good Diploma in Sports Coaching/Physical Education from any recognised institution.
- Must have one year working experience after graduation.
All applicants will be provided with an opportunity at the Assessment Day to meet and discuss their suitability for the programme with a member from the academic team, they will provide with information relating to student support services, should student require additional support or advice as well as information related to tuition fees, appropriate bursaries and funds.